Pages

Friday 1 January 2016

FULL OF GOOD INTENTIONS

My first Resolution for 2016 was to tackle the job of making print copies of my books available – yet somehow I don’t have enough get up and go….maybe it got up and went! From time to time I check my Amazon Author page and they all look so enticing sitting there that I can’t help wondering why I’m not selling more copies. Mary thinks it’s because I’m not doing enough marketing. She says it’s simple and all I’ve got to do is get on with it. Jennifer says she’s not terribly good at marketing either so she understands the problem. Ella doesn’t say much because all her books are selling well – at least that’s what we suspect. Part of the problem is because the technical instructions for making print copies available are just too complex for someone as technically phobic as me and although I know I can pay to have the job done I am deeply suspicious of all those helpful souls who will organize printing, even find you an old fashioned style publisher if you want one, edit – even rewrite your book for you and all for a mere five hundred dollars and it will be done before lunchtime. I know it is said to work for some people but I am a sceptic and to be perfectly honest I don’t believe any of them. Quite apart from all that I’ve known far too many people who end up with hundreds of books stored in the garage. I no longer have a garage – at least not the kind you could store books in. So I really am going to have to sort out the problem of print on demand copies all by myself……at some stage.

3 comments:

  1. I sympathise. My husband promises to convert the picture format of my book so we can make hard copies. We need to just sit down and do it together. We don't! We find displacement activities instead....they're easier and not together :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise. My husband promises to convert the picture format of my book so we can make hard copies. We need to just sit down and do it together. We don't! We find displacement activities instead....they're easier and not together :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will find ANYTHING to do rather than get on with it - even polishing silver (not that I still have too much of that). I do so wish I could tackle the task. After all, other people manage - why not me? Miss KS would not be amused!

    ReplyDelete