Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2015

A HISTORY OF THE CHINESE IN NEW ZEALAND

Well I'm told there is to be no golf today - the husband and friends Jack & Bob are going to watch The Game instead.  No surprises there then.
And to prepare for an afternoon on the couch my own resident golf player decided to warm up by first watching Brendon Fraser's film - shown on Face TV last night, about the history of Chinese immigration to this country.  I said that as long as I would not then be forced to watch The Game, I would join him.
The prelude interviews with Don Brash and David Cunliffe were most interesting.  We both felt David came out the winner because he was better at actually answering questions.  But it was the film itself that was ultimately fascinating with lots of lovely old photographs and some rather poignant songs that certainly told a tale or two.  
Well done Brendon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment