Pages

Wednesday 20 August 2014

What's to hate?

I cannot understand why so many of us seem to despise John Key so much.   I've never met him (though I'm reliably informed that he does live quite close by) but he comes across as a thoroughly nice chap. He's got a lovely smile and he wears his suits very well (though not quite as well as Winston).  
He's had a lot to contend with when you consider the combined consequences of Pike River and the Christchurch Earthquakes.    How many of his rivals would have done as well as he has with so much to worry about at three in the morning I wonder?     All in all he hasn't done a bad job at steering the country through some difficult days and he scrubs up very well when dallying in New York and London.   He creates a very good impression in my opinion.
But more important than any of the above - to me at least - is the fact that most of the time he refrains from hurling insults and sneering at others.  And to top it all, most of the time he appears to front up and tell the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment